get a head start ON BUILDING SKILLS IMPORTANT FOR COLLEGE
Foundations for College Readiness is a customizable program that focuses on building skills and maximizing your high school experience. The Foundations Program is perfect for high school underclassmen (freshmen and sophomore students) who are not quite ready to tackle our college-specific counseling programs but want to get a head start by developing college readiness skills. Students meet with their counselor once or twice per month until they are ready to transition into a college admissions counseling program as a second-semester sophomore or first-semester junior.
Foundations students benefit from:
- Setting future goals and easing into thinking about college
- Developing more mature executive functioning skills
- Guidance about choosing the right high school classes
- Writing tutoring from our college essay coaches
- Advice on participating in extracurricular activities
- Building a relationship with their college counselor early
- Having access to 100% of our college preparation resources from day one!